Monday, February 18, 2013

Look What The Trailer Fairy Brought Us!



What, you didn't know there was a trailer fairy around dropping off AWESOME horse trailers at deserving peoples homes? Haha, if only, right? Well my fairy comes in the form of my parents! Lets start over!

So my mom and I have tossed around the idea of buying a trailer for a few years. We had one when I lived with them, but sold it with my QH mare I had to get rid of when I got married. My mom calls me out of the blue the beginning of last week and says, "well I've decided since your dad is buying stuff for him, I'm going to by myself something!" And proceeds to tell me to find her a horse trailer. A three or so horse slant, nice looking trailer, no more then 4k. I was pretty excited! Who doesn't like spending other peoples money on things they will get to use? NO ONE! I scoured the internet and came up with a nice (or so I thought) one in TN, right over the Alabama line, so only about an hour and half from us. It's at a trailer lot so she also has several others. Long story short we end up all traipsing up there this past Saturday.

Thank goodness I brought them along instead of just taking money. I went up there to look at a 1991 Jackson 3 horse slant steel trailer, priced at $3995, and came home with a $11,500 aluminum FOUR horse! I know, how the heck does that happen? Well for one thing, the Jackson was a pile of you know what. Its amazing what a picture can miss! (Not to mean misleading saleswomen, sigh) Anyway it was a rust bucket so we moved along to look at the line of MUCH nicer trailers. It took us a while, (the frequent bouts of snow blizzards didnt help!) but we finally decided on the Featherlite pictured above. Its GORGEAOUUUSSS! Here are some more pics:

Love how each stall has a front and rear window, and a top air vent

Rear collapsible tack

Front dressing/tack room

Gooseneck for storage, bed?
So we really liked how most of the other trailers had the dressing rooms converted into mini living quarters. So we will probably do the same to this one somewhere down the line. Do we need it? No, do we want it? Heck, yes! We found one online that is a very similar model to this one with a really nicely done interior that we might model it after.

Thank you mommy and daddy!! We also get to keep it at our place until further notice ;). I can't wait to load my big boy up in it and go somewhere to ride! It is a little overkill for just one horse of course, but this spring hopefully we will be filling the sucker up to go trail riding! Cisco, the BIL's horse (Stormy), my moms (Daisy), and hopefully the FIL will finally find him one! (BTW, went to look at another gelding yesterday, ugh, another big no)

Thats all for now! Will def keep you updated on the changes we do!

I'm leaving you with a picture of my Chloe; I'd say she is the love of my life, but she ties with her daddy, so she is ONE of the loves of my life! Just blessed.


2 comments: