Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pedicure Time!

Well Friday we finally got the stars to align and got our farrier out! And boy do his feet look better. My gosh it was amazing after he was done how much toe he had to cut off. They looked so tiny! I bet big boy is so much happier moving around now.

Anyway I got out there early so I could brush him down. I seriously haven't seen him for 3 weeks or more. I know, bad bad! This morning sickness crap has OWNED me this time around! (Oh, btw I'm prego again! Baby should be here late Nov or early Dec, I'm really hoping Nov. I really, really don't want a Christmas baby!!)

So the BIL had just let all four of them back together again and they were all running around being idiots out in the back pasture. I called and here they came! We huddled against a big upright railroad tie, lol, and then when they got closer I yelled something to them. Cisco apparently heard me and SLAMMED on the brakes going down the hill toward the lane. Which made his entire back end come out and slide underneath him, lol! Poor guy! He scrambled back up and then took off after the rest of them. We followed them back to the house and they had all settled down. Cisco was over drinking and when he saw me come up he let me walk up and pet him. Threw his halter on and out the gate we went! With just a bit of harassment from herd boss Rusty.

I parked him in our usual spot and he did great. Didn't move a muscle and even rested a foot a bit. Good boy. He's such a sweety. I noticed he clipped his inside hind on his fall, but it was very shallow. Clumsy boy!

He's got one of those gorgeous multifaceted eyes, gotta get a good close
up of that!

So got him all spiffed up and then let him graze for a bit as the farrier was running late. Which was kind of difficult because he knows he's not supposed to put his head down and eat on the lead, haha. He figured it out though!

Farrier got there finally and since Cisco was the one out, he was first! He was fine until the two men started walking toward him with their big shoeing aprons on and the hoof stand. Then he about jumped out of his skin! Which surprised the farrier because he has trimmed him many a time and said he never moves! I think he was just unsettled from the new pasture situation etc. He did settle down and was okay. Still not as good as he usually is!

Then I threw him back out with his friends and that was that!

BTW, we have a new palomino at the house! Check out Daisy's blog for the 411!

Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment